End result- Walk out of this training with at least one lesson plan that you can use in the first couple weeks that integrates the use of web tools.
Part 1- Background and Information
Part 2- Let's look at some tools and do a sample lesson
Part 3 - Create your lesson
- - Tammy's tech integration soapbox - If the technology does not do one of the following, then why are you using it?
- Make something easier or more productive
- Allow your class to do something that they could not do without the technology
- Engage the learner
- Example- Create a story and make it available online to allow others beyond you and the classroom to see it and comment
- Content/objective first, technology second
- Levels of use where do you fit? http://www.dcet.k12.de.us/instructional/loti/lotilevelchar.shtml
- What is the process?
- What is your lesson goal? What do you want the kids to learn?
- How will you know they learned it?
- What tech tool may help to accomplish the goal
Technology can be used at any part of a lesson. It may be the learning product or final assessment or a tool used at any point in the process.
Examples of uses:
- Creation of images or videos
- Use of images or videos
- Presenting Information
- Collaboration between students
- Graphic Organizers
and the list goes on....